Our Vocational Counsellors assist individuals with mental health challenges to obtain and maintain meaningful employment, volunteering opportunities and complete further education or training. The goal is to work collaboratively with each other to increase employment potentials and promote positive well-being.
- Competitive employment is the goal
- Continuous and comprehensive assessment
- Attention to client preferences
- Rapid job search
- Provide and establish support services in the community
- Time-unlimited support
Areas of Support include:
- Resume development and cover letters
- Exploration of employment options and preferred work environments
- Assistance with interviews
- Assistance accessing further education or training
- Information & assessment for any required work accommodations
- Assistance with developing professional and personal supports
How to participate?
Anyone interested in participating in the vocational counselling program may self-refer or have a health care professional submit a referral on their behalf. Complete the Employment Services referral form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once submitted you will receive a phone call to set up an informational appointment.
All submitted information is kept private and confidential.