Due to COVID restrictions the Life Skills program has been adapted to ensure the safety of all participants, please contact us for details on these changes.
Life Skills is an active learning program. The goal of the program is to help individuals develop skills and abilities that promote positive coping when faced with life’s daily challenges.
Students will explore, discuss and practice ways of working towards greater personal satisfaction and wellness.
- Monday – Thursday
- 10am – 3pm
- 18 weeks (11 weeks in the classroom, 7 weeks in the community)
Class activities include:
Tours, lectures, films, group discussions, guest speakers, written exercises, role playing, physical fitness, and recreation.
Community activities include:
Work assessments with a business, volunteer opportunities, education, or recreation programs.
How to participate?
The intake criteria are as follows:
- Be an adult (18+) with a diagnosis of a mental illness
- If a client has a history of alcohol/substance abuse, they must be actively involved in a rehabilitation program
- Should have a mental health support (CMHN, therapist, etc.)
- Must be referred by a mental health agency
To apply, please complete the life skills referral form. Once application is received, you will get a phone call confirming your interest in the program. Completed forms are to be sent to email@example.com.
All submitted information is kept private and confidential.